Applying for IBPS Exam but don’t know how to get a valid Caste certificate then this is the right place to search the answers.
First let’s understand what is a caste certificate and why it is needed for your IBPS Exam.
IBPS Exam – What is a Caste certificate?
A Caste Certificate is the proof of one’s belonging to a particular caste, primarily if one belongs to the ‘Scheduled Castes’, as specified in the Indian Constitution. This was implemented as the government held the opinion that Scheduled Castes and Tribes need special encouragement and opportunities to progress at the same pace as the rest of the citizenry
As a part of the Indian system of Protective Discrimination, certain special privileges are granted to this category of citizens, such as
- Reservation of seats in the Legislatures and in the Government Service,
- Waiving off a part or the whole of the fees for admission to schools and colleges,
- Quotas in educational institutions,
- Relaxation of upper age limits for applying to certain jobs, etc.
In order to available these privileges, a citizen belonging to a Scheduled Caste must possess a valid Caste Certificate.
Eligibility to get a Valid Caste certificate for IBPS Exam:
Below are the eligibility criteria for getting caste certificate, in order to get eligible for caste certificate applicant must fulfil the mentioned conditions.
- Candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Should have a permanent resident address as well as address of currently residing.
- Must belongs to the said caste / tribe.
- Any government document in support of class identity.
- Identity Proof
- A person who was not a SC/ST by birth will not be granted a certificate merely because he or she has married a person belonging to a SC/ST.
How to get the Valid Caste certificate for IBPS Exam:
- Candidate required to submit an application form either by online mode or from the local office in the City or Town or Village, of the Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM).
- Also there are some documents needs to attach with the application such as
- Voter ID, Pan card Birth Certificate
- Caste Certificate of parent(s)
- Any Government documents proving citizenship
For Permanent residence:
- Land deed or land tax receipt.
- Voter list proving residence since 1950.
- Birth Certificate proving residence since 1950 .
- Ration Card proving residence since 1950.
- Caste certificate of parent(s).
- Any Govt. Document proving permanent residence since 1950.
For local residence:
- Rent receipt
- Pass Book of a Nationalised Bank, Gramin Bank, Post Office or Co-operative Bank.
- BPL Card.
- Any Govt. Document proving local residence.
- Electricity Bill.
- Caste certificate of any paternal blood relation and proof of such relation.
- Copy of old land deed (prior to 1950) specifying community name in that document.
- Any Government document proving caste identity.
- Identity Card by employer or educational Institution.
- Pass Book of Bank Account.
- Admit Card.
- Ration Card.
Then the concerned offices receiving applications will verify the documents and after successful verifying will issue the certificate.
Hope this article will help you to get a valid caste certificate for your IBPS exam.
In case of any query, you can leave a comment at our forum: Discuss for IBPS
All the best