In recent years, a lot of students appeared for bank exams and this figure is increasing with each passing year. Large number of students for these exams makes the competition tougher. It is all up to your preparation strategy to make or break your chance of clearing any banks exam.
It is said that less than 1% of the candidates make it to the interview of any bank exam. To differentiate yourself for other students, who are putting in the same amount of effort, you will require pure dedication and smart preparation in order to clear the Upcoming Bank Exams.
Key strategies to prepare for the Upcoming Bank Exams:
The most important strategy is time management by practicing lots of mock tests and previous year questions. But to reach there you will have to start your preparation from the very basic level:
1. Set your goal:
Bans have many positions and there are different eligibility criteria and exams for these positions. For a fresher there are three avenues:
- Single window operator(SWO)
- Probationary Officer
- Specialist Officer
So decide the job you want to join and the work hard at it.
To know more about bank jobs in India click here.
2. Plan early for the upcoming bank exams
You will have ample time to prepare as the PO and Clerical Exams are conduced twice a year and with the introduction of Common written exam (only by IBPS), you will just have to give a single test and then with that score you can apply to any bank recruitment.
All you have to do is:
- Know the syllabus correctly.
- Start preparing topic wise.
- Focus on your weak areas.
- Start your preparation with good books and read newspaper on daily basis.
- Your general knowledge and knowledge about current affairs, specific to banking industry, should be very good.
3. Understand the exam pattern and make efforts:
Bank entrances are normally conducted as aptitude tests to check you IQ, general awareness and various concepts that were learnt in schools. There are various upcoming bank exams for various banks, each is slightly different from other.
- Learn to solve multiple choice questions as the steps for solving the questions will not give you marks, only the correct answer will.
- Work more on your accuracy as you will be penalized for wrong answers.
- Each section has its individual cut-offs, so prepare and attempt all the sections properly as in order to crack the exam you will have to clear the individual cut-offs.
- Keep in mind that in these exams, no question can be out of syllabus as there is no fixed syllabus for such exams. All you can do is to identify most common areas by solving previous year or sample papers.
4. Practice leads to perfection.
A lot of personal effort is required due to soaring competition. To boost your confidence level and attend the exam without any fear, you will need regular practice. You can either join a coaching center or study at home, but you will have to be persistence and determined to achieve your goal. Remember, persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.
Get Access to our Dedicated Study Material:
5. Prepare for the interviews.
Work on your communication skills so that you can perform well in the interviews as well as the group discussions which are crucial for getting the job. Most of the questions would be banking, economy or policy related. You should have complete knowledge about latest events. Your general knowledge cannot increase in a day. You will have to read news papers and see various business news channels from the very beginning.
Almost all challenges can be conquered by persistence. When you put your mind into something, if you are totally willing to do what it takes, if you are patient, you just have to adjust you strategy and once you have devoted yourself completely to it, you will ultimately achieve your goal.
All the best!