IBPS conducts PO, clerk, regional rural banks and specialist officer exams for a large number of posts. Recently the exam pattern for the posts of PO (probationary officer) and clerk posts was changed. IBPS PO Exam and IBPS Clerk Exam will follow Two Tier exams for recruitment. The two tier system states that the exam will be conducted in two levels Tier 1 which are also known as preliminary and Tier 2 also called mains.
Changes in the IBPS PO Exam pattern:
IBPS has decided to take 5 online exams which are divided into two parts:
- IBPS preliminary exam
- IBPS mains exam
The procedure is simple, the candidates will have to register themselves under CWE PO/MT-V and then they will be called for the preliminary examinations. Candidates are required to perform well in order to make it to the mains exam. If a candidate is able to clear both the exams, he will be called for the interview. There are ‘technically’ unlimited number of attempts for IBPS PO Exam, but they do have a limit for who can apply for IBPS repeatedly; hence try to give you best shot on the final
Check out how to apply and fill the application for IBPS PO Exam correctly here.
IBPS PO preliminary exam pattern:
The questions will be objective in nature, but there will be fewer questions and that too with shorter duration. Short and multiple choice questions will be asked from Reasoning, English and Quantitative Aptitude.
- The Reasoning ability paper as well as the Quantitative Aptitude paper will contain 35 questions, 1 mark each.
- The English language paper will have 30 questions also 1 mark each.
- The preliminary exam will be of 100 marks and the duration of all these papers will be 1 hour.
- There will be negative marking for each wrong answer ( both in preliminary and mains). For 1 mark question 0.25 marks will be deducted.
For complete syllabus of IBPS PO Exam click here
IBPS PO mains exam pattern:
Mains exam is harder than preliminary exam thereby containing few difficult questions. This written test exam is divided into 5 sections:
- English language- Daily Practice Sets
- Quantitative aptitude- Daily Practice sets
- Reasoning ability- Daily Practice sets
- General awareness
- Computer knowledge
Moreover you can also check our other preparation material for IBPS Exams:
- Banking Awareness Modules for IBPS Exams – Click Here
- Daily Banking, Finance News and Current Affairs – Click Here
- FREE Android App for IBPS 30 Day Modules, GK and Daily Current Affairs – Click Here
- Recommended IBPS PO Exam Books – Click Here
Find out the date for IBPS PO Exam here
Mains exam will of 200 marks and the duration of the exam will be 2 hours. Quantitative aptitude and Reasoning ability will contain 50 questions, one mark each, while English language and General Awareness will contain 40 questions, 1 mark each. Computer knowledge will however be of 20 marks and will contain 20 questions.
Understanding the complete pattern of the exam is crucial in clearing the exam.
You can also get the comprehensive guide for preparation for the IBPS PO Exam here.
So exam pattern is out, go through the subject thoroughly and start preparing by getting good books and giving mock tests. Do a lot of practice and work with persistence and determination.