As we know IBPS PO exam going to held in upcoming months. Numerous candidates have applied for the IBPS PO Exam and must have started preparing for it. If you are one of them and don’t know how to prepare for IBPS PO then this is the right place. Get all the information about IBPS PO Exam preparation.
How to Prepare for IBPS PO? – All you need to know
The IBPS PO Exam will be held in two phases i.e. preliminary and main exam. Candidates who qualified in preliminary exam will go to the next main exam phase. There will be 100 questions in the preliminary examination with total of three sections and the main examinations will contain 200 questions with 5 sections. The IBPS PO preliminary examinations will be of one hour duration whereas the duration for the IBPS PO Main exam will be that of 2 hours. If you are seeking to give IBPS PO exam then get ready, here we are going to tell you how to prepare for IBPS PO.
Recommended Post: IBPS Study Plan for Working and Part Time Individuals
Get Smart IBPS Prep Box to prepare in a Quick and Easy way for IBPS Exams – Click Here
Exam pattern and syllabus to prepare for IBPS PO
As it is already mentioned that IBPS PO has two phases. IBPS preliminary and IBPS main exam. Here is the pattern for it.
IBPS Preliminary Exam: It will have 3 sections and they are:
- English language. It contains 30 questions
- Quantitative Aptitude, contains 35 questions
- Reasoning ability – 35 questions
- Each question carries 1 mark.
- Duration of Preliminary Examination will be 1 hour.
IBPS Main Exam: It contains 5 sections i.e.
- Reasoning – 50 questions
- English Language – 40 questions
- Quantitative Aptitude – 50 questions
- General awareness – 40 questions
- Computer knowledge – 20 questions
- Each question carries 1 mark.
- Total duration of this exam will be 2 hours.
Here is the quick look at the syllabus:
Reasoning – There are questions on verbal and non-verbal reasoning. The candidates under General category must get 12 marks. Those in the reserved class need to get 8 marks.
English language –The candidates will be assessed on vocabulary, grammar, comprehension, composition, and similar language tests so prepare according to these topics.
Quantitative Analysis – This section deals with mathematical data, such as basic Arithmetic, Algebra, and Geometry.
General Awareness – This section will have 40 questions on current affairs. There are sections on national, international, economy, geography, and so on.
Computer Awareness – This section has 20 questions on basic computer skills which include questions on how to use computer, basic computer abbreviations and terminology, about MS office and operating systems and so on.
Some useful Tips for How to Prepare for IBPS PO Exam
- Candidate should prepare from latest study material and books should be up to date.
Click here for IBPS PO Latest book and study material information.
- Read newspaper daily to keep in touch with current affairs.
- Prepare study plan and follow it regularly.
- Manage your time according to your skills and areas to cover.
- Make short notes of important points it will help you at the time of revision.
- Revise everything before going to the examination
- Stay calmed and stay focus on your goal. You can crack IBPS PO Exam if you are dedicated and will follow all the above points.
Hope you have found this article helpful.
All The Best !!!!!