Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) conducts common recruitment process for the recruitment of specialist officers in various cadres like Information Technology (I.T), Agriculture, Rajbhasha Adhikari, Law, HR, Marketing etc. for 19 public sector banks. Like all other exams conducted by IBPS, IBPS Specialist Officer exam is equally competitive and is conducted in two phases-
- Phase-I: Common Written Examination
- Phase-II: Interview
Specifically, While applying for IBPS Specialist Officer examination candidates often faces the confusion on eligibility criteria and educational qualification which is different for all the cadres. In this article, we will assist candidates about the educational qualification required for the position of an HR, and who all can apply for the same.
IBPS Specialist Officer – HR Officer: Who Can Apply?
To explain who all can apply for the position of HR officers, we will explain the basic eligibility criteria and educational qualification and to discuss each of them in detail.
Candidates are free to ask related question, we will be extremely happy in solving your doubts.
Eligibility Criteria for IBPS Specialist Officer HR Officer Exam
Eligibility criteria can be explained under two heads: Basic eligibility criteria and educational qualification. Wherein, basic criteria is same for posts in IBPS Specialist Officer Exam. Educational qualifications differ along with the posts.
Basic Eligibility Criteria for IBPS HR Officer
Basic eligibility criteria include sub-sections like, age, nationality and category.
Age Limit: Candidates applying for the IBPS Specialist Officer exam must have age in between 20-30 years. Age relaxation differs for the reserved category applicants. The age relaxation is followed as:
- SC/ST: 5 Years
- OBC: 3 Years
- PwD: 10 Years
- Person affected by 1984 riots: 5 Years
- Person ordinarily domiciled in the State of Jammu and Kashmir during the period 1-1-80 to 31-12-89: 5 Years
- Ex-serviceman, Commissioned Officers including ECOs/ Short Service Commissioned Officers: 5 years
Nationality/ Citizenship: Applicant fulfilling either of the following conditions will be eligible for IBPS Specialist Officer Exam:
- Candidate should be citizen of India
- A subject of Nepal, or a subject of Bhutan, or A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before !st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, The United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Ethiopia, Malawi, Zaire, Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to this category as well as to categories mentioned above shall have a certificate of eligibility issued by government of India.
Applicants can also follow official IBPS website
Educational Qualification of IBPS SO HR Officer
- The applicants should be graduate and should have Full-time Post Graduate degree or Full-time Post Graduate diploma in either Personnel Management or Industrial Relations or Human resource management or Human resource development or Social Work or Labour Law. In case of dual specialisation, one of the fields of specialisation should be in the fields prescribed. In case of major/minor specialisation, major specialisation should be in the stream prescribed. Candidates having PG degree (MMS or MBA)/ PG Diploma with more than two specialisations are not eligible to apply.
- Apart from the educational qualifications mentioned above, the candidate should have Certificate/ Diploma/ Degree in computer operations/Language/ should have studied Computer/ Information Technology as one of the subjects in High School/ College/ Institute.
- All the qualification mentioned should be from a University/ Institute/ Board recognised by Government of India/ approved by Govt. Regulatory Bodies and the result should have been declared on or before 10.12.2015.
- Candidates should indicate the percentage obtained in Graduation calculated to the nearest two decimals in the online application. Where CGPA/ OGPA is awarded, the same should be converted into the percentage and indicate the same in online application.
- Candidates can apply for only one post. Multiple applications will be summarily rejected.
The above-mentioned eligibility criteria give detailed information on the requirements of HR Officers in IBPS Specialist Officer Exam. This article gave the information on who all can apply for this post. Applicants are strongly advised to follow IBPS Official website for recent changes in exam patterns, eligibility criteria etc.
To get IBPS Specialist Exam related study material, study plan, and other related articles Click Here.
Applicants can also follow IBPSExamAdda official website or on Facebook or Google+ for updates on exam patterns, study material, practice papers etc.