Institute of Banking and personnel selection OR IBPS is very reputed as an independent organization that conducts recruitments of officers in public sector banks. Every year the recruitment process of various cadres start with the application, Common Written Exam or CWE and end with the interview, some cadres also expect their candidates to appear for preliminary exam for qualifying to the Mains or CWE. It is very important that one successfully clears the IBPS Mains and it is equally necessary that a candidate appears for the IBPS Interviews i.e one step away from their desired job and clears it as well. We here, at IBPSExamAdda.org.in have brought to you the frequently asked IBPS Interview Questions to help you in your ongoing IBPS PO Interview and other IBPS Interviews in general.
To Know The 5 ways sure Ways to Clear IBPS Interview- CLICK HERE
List of Regularly Asked IBPS Interview questions
Here are the list of frequently asked questions during an Interview.
1. Tell me about yourself?
This is one of the crucial questions among all the IBPS Interview questions where you are asked to introduce yourself. It is important that you don’t give away neither too much nor too little of yourself for the interviewers to judge you on your personality. The information you provide should summarize the information you provide in your resume.
You must mention the following things for your answer to provide the interviewers with an wholesome answer:-
- Additional qualifications
- Work experience (not for freshers)
- Education: Degree, College and City.
- Personal: About your Parents a bit of their background etc. They Obviously KNOW YOUR NAME, so don’t waste time with that.
2. Why a Bank Job?
This question will help the Interviewers to judge your interest in the job.
- A.The Banking sector in India today is one of the fastest growing sectors and it is providing an equal pace of career growth on opportunities to graduates like me. It is evolving every minute and a dynamic sector. The banks now a days are moving closer to their customers, so it will also give me job satisfaction by being of service to the society.
3. If you were to get a better opportunity in a private bank, would you leave this job?
- A. The question sounds more relevant to me in case of a person who had with him high educational qualification. Like a MBA, M.tech etc. or a person who had very high scores in BE or B.Tech. Speaking for my personal choice, I am looking for job stability more than anything. If this job provides me with good prospects and a steady growth I wouldn’t leave it for just a little more money, as I mentioned I am looking for job stability.
4. How do you think your B.Tech/ BE/MCA/B.Pharm/ME/M.Tech degree will help you in this bank job?
This is becoming the most common questions the Interviewers are asking the candidates since increasing number of candidates having this degree desire to get a job in the bank for various reasons
A.You could provide them with the following answers.
- I am a people’s person. I have excellent communication skill and engaging with the customers to provide them a good experience will be easy for me
- I have good technical skills and it is one of my main assets, I can provide the customers assistance in that area.
- I am a team player, belonging from a professional college. I have learned and nurtured the skill of working in a group of people.
5. What are you Strengths?
The answer below is only an example a candidate may change it according to personal preference but be sure to remain honest.
- I learn new things easily and adapt myself to situation faster than others. I like challenging myself in that way to see how fast I learn new things and how fast I can adapt to a situation.
6. What are your Weaknesses?
This is a trick question, be careful not to reveal too many flaws about yourself in this question. Do not go ahead to say things like ‘I am short tempered’. This will reflect a bad image of you.Say something like-
- I feel nervous in situations I have never been in before but after a while I get alright.
So that’s it for now. We hope you are confident enough to take on the interviews and also clear them with ease.
Do catch up our other Articles and Guides on Cracking IBPS Interviews – Over Here
In case you have any query, leave a comment at our forum: Discuss for IBPS