Clearing a banking examination gets easier if you are updated with the happenings around the globe. This is why GK Today presents you the with general awareness for bank exams so that you can clear your banking exams successfully.
General Awareness for Bank Exams for 26th December, 2015
General Awareness for Bank Exams: India
No more interviews and affidavits for government jobs
- A path breaking initiative has been taken up by the ministry of personnel in which job interviews from various government posts have been excluded and affidavits have been discontinued.
- This step has been taken by the government as it is willing to trust citizens, youth more importantly who will not give wrong information while self attesting the documents, said Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions Jitendra Singh.
PM rewrites geopolitical history by visiting Lahore
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi rewrote the recent history of geopolitics by visiting Kabul and Lahore on 25th December 2015, without any prior planning.
- The officials in Delhi and Islamabad reported that on the day of Christmas, Mr. Modi had telephoned the PM or Pakistan, Mr. Nawaz Sharif from Kabul to wish him for his birthday. It was during this call that plans were made to travel to Lahore to wish him personally after a few hours.
Good governance day observed in India on 25th December, 2015
- In order to mark the birth anniversary of former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee, good governance day was observed across the nation.
- To mark the occasion, Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare, Mr. JP Nadda announced for new IT-based initiatives to provide citizen- centric health services.
Bollywood Actor Farhan Akhtar announced as Ambassador to promote Nutrilite Range of products by Amway
- Bollywood actor Farhan Akhtar will be promoting Amway’s Nutrilite range of products. Nutrilite is a leading brand of vitamins and dietary supplements.
- Anshu Budhraja the CEO of Amway, India in her statement said that they were in need of a strong and credible face who could help people understand the role of supplementation in addition to balanced diet and exercise as part of leading a healthy lifestyle, this is why Farhan Akhtar was an obvious choice.
General Awareness for Bank Exams: World
Bangladesh signs a deal worth $12.65 billion with Russia for Nuclear power plants
- A deal with Russia to set up two nuclear power plants, each with 1,200 MW capacity which would involve an investment of $12.65 billion was signed by Bangladesh’s state-run Atomic Energy Commission.
- Kamrul Islam Bhyian, spokesman for the ministry of science and technology said that TheWork will begin early next year at Ruppur in Iswardi, 160km (100 miles) from Dhaka.
- This will be Bangladesh’s biggest power project.
Syed Kirmani Nominated for 2015 Col. CK Nayudu Lifetime Achievement Award
- Former Indian Wicket- Keeper, Syed Kirmani has been nominated for the 2015 Col. CK Nayudu Lifetime Achievement Award.
- The decision regarding this matter was taken at a meeting of the Col. CK Nayudu Awards Committee which was held at the headquarters of BCCI in Mumbai.
India and Russia signed 16 pacts in order to deepen bilateral cooperation
- In order to deepen bilateral cooperation, India and Russia signed 16 Agreements/Memorandum of Understandings (MoUs) in the fields of energy, secutiy, technology, etc.
- The pacts were signed after the conclusion of the 16th annual India- Russia Summit which was held in Moscow.
Software engineer of Indian origin wins UK Award
- Software engineer Nandagopal Lakshminarayanan has won a prominent award in the UK for creating an innovative electronic smart key system which will enable the creation and management of keys and locks which cannot be picked or copied.
- Lakshminarayanan has been working as a KTP (Knowledge transfer partnership) associate at Lincoln Security Ltd. for the past two years. He also won the Business Leader of the Future award at Innovate UK’s ‘KTP Best of the Best Awards 2015’ at a ceremony in London.
Pakistan to receive $35million by the World Bank for Indus River Basin
- Financial assistance of $35 million has been approved by the World Bank to Pakistan in order to support the improved management, planning and development of water resources in the Indus River Basin in Pakistan.
- Earlier Pakistan had received a sum of $38 Million from the World Bank towards improvement of water resources.
General Awareness for Bank Exams: Sports
4 year ban on Kusal Perera
- Kusal Perera, the Sri Lankan wicketkeeper is facing the prospect of a four- year ban after his B sample was tested positive for a banned substance.
- As informed by the ICC, his Urine sample was tested positive in Quatar after the ICC had originally found out that it contained a banned substance.