If you are a banking job aspirant and are looking for the latest current affairs 2015; you have landed on the correct webpage! Read further as we bring you the latest news in the most easy to understand language.
Current Affairs 2015 for 27th December, 2015
Current Affairs 2015: India
376 Drugs brought under NLEM by the Union Government
- A total of 376 drugs have been added to the National List of Essential Medicines (NLEM) by the Union Government.
- The drugs include HIV/AIDS, Cancer and Hepatitis C drug.
- The Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare’s core committee has revised the NLEM in this regard.
New Afghan Parliament built by India in Kabul inaugurated by Narendra Modi
- Afghan president Ashraf Ghani welcomed the Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi with a warm embrace.
- Modi arrived at Kabul on 25th December, 2015 for delegation- level bilateral talks and to inaugurate the new Afghan parliament building.
- Delegation-level bilateral talks between the two countries took place at Dilkosha Palace which is the Afghan presidential office. Mr. Modi later inaugurated the Afghan parliament building that was constructed by India at the cost of 90 million USD.
- Ashraf Ghani thanked India for its “valuable assistance” as Afghanistan weathers “hard times”.
Veteran actress ‘Sadhana’ passed away in Mumbai
- Former time’s Indian actress Sadhana who is known for popularizing the trendy Sadhana cut (Fringe haircut) passed away in Mumbai on December 25th, 2015; she was 74.
- She was known for a number of memorable films and is closely associated with some of the most memorable Bollywood film songs of the 1960s.
Action plan for “Start up India” will be unveiled on January 16th, 2016
- In order to boost private enterprises at the grassroots level, the Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi revealed that the action plan for ‘Start up India, Stand up India’ will be disclosed on 16th January, 2016.
- Mr. Modi further said that the focus of the programme will be to ensure benefits reach the youth from the lowest strata of the society and that the Startup India, Stand up India’ campaign has brought in new opportunities for the youth.
Current Affairs 2015: Business/ Finance
Indian Oil Corporation on top in 2015 Fortune 500 companies in India list
- As per an annual list of 2015 Fortune 500 companies in India, State-run ‘Indian Oil Corporation’ has surfaced as the country’s biggest company in terms of annual revenue.
- It is for the consecutive sixth year that the Indian Oil Corporation has topped this list.
- The top ten companies of the list are as follows
- Indian Oil Corp (IOC)
- Reliance Industries
- Tata Motors
- State Bank of India (SBI)
- Bharat Petroleum (BPCL)
- Hindustan Petroleum
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC)
- Tata Steel
- Hindalco Industries
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
MoboMoney launched by Tech Mahindra
- Tech Mahindra, Major IT company has recently launched the first ever ‘Tap N Pay’ contactless digital payment wallet ‘MoboMoney’ for the Indian masses.
- MoboMoney is a prepaid wallet that is issued in the form of a NFC contactless tag that the user will be able to use to ‘Tap N Pay’ for goods and services.