GK Today is here with the latest current affairs so that you are able to clear your banking exams with ease and finesse. Read further to know about the news for today.
GK Today Current Affairs for 28th December, 2015
GK Today Current Affairs: India
4G Telecom Service launched by Reliance Jio
- On 27th December, 2015, Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd (RJIL) or Reliance Jio launched 4G telecom service at the Reliance Corporate Park in Navy Mumbai in order to mark the birth anniversary of Dhirubhai Ambani, the founder of the Reliance Industries Ltd.
- The commercial services are expected to begin by April 2016.
- The 4G telecom network will provide data services will the speed up to 1 Gigabyte per second.
- The users will also have the option to switch to 5G services in the future.
Andhra Pradesh Government signed MoU with Microsoft India
- A memorandum of understanding (Mou) was signed by the government of Andhra Pradesh with Microsoft India on 28th December, 2015.
- The memorandum was signed on a range of technology initiatives after a meeting between the CM of Andhra Pradesh, N Chandrababu Naidu and Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella in Hyderabad.
- The idea behind this MoU is improvement of use of information and communication technologies, drive digital inclusion and provide IT-based decentralised citizen services.
Justice V Malimath Passed Away
- The former Chief Justice of Karnataka and Kerala High courts, Justive V.S Malimath passed away on 22nd December, 2015; he died at Manipal hospital in Bengaluru and was 86 years old.
- He is survived by wife Pema Devi V Malimath, four daughters and a son.
Missile Astra successfully test fired
- Inherently developed BVR (Beyond Visual Range) air to air missile called “Astra” was successfully test fired on 25th December, 2015.
- The Indian air force off the coat of Odisha conducted the test near the integrated test range (ITR), Balasore.
- After some more trials are carried out, it is expected that the missile will be introduced into the Air Force in 2016.
Make in India Week from February 13
- The central government is organizing the ‘Make in India Week’ in Mumbai from February 13th 2015 till February 18th This campaign has been undertaken after taking a cue from the biennial investor congregation – Vibrant Gujarat Summit – held every alternate year in Gujarat.
- The Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP), Union Ministry of Commerce and Industry, will be organizing the event.
- Furthermore, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be inaugurating the event on 13th February, 2015.
GK Today Current Affairs: Business/ Finance
4 new IT- based initiatives for citizen- centric health services announced by the Union Government
- On 25th December, 2015 the Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare JP Nadda announced 4 new information technology based initiatives in order to provide citizen-centric health services.
- Three applications namely Kilkari, Mobile Academy and M-Cessation and a dedicated toll free number 1800-11–6666 which will provide round the clock counselling and treatment support services for TB patients are included in the initiatives.
New APSEZ CEO: Karan Adani
- The Adani group chairman, Gautam Adani’s son, Mr. Karan Adani has been appointed as the CEO of Adani Ports and SEZ (APSEZ) with effect from 1st January, 2016.
- The job will be taken by Karan Adani from the outgoing CEO Sudipta Bhattacharya who will be moving to the US as the CEO for North America.
Export Quality Excellence Award bagged by C.R.I. Pumps
- The pump manufacturing giant, CRI Pumps bagged the ‘Export Quality Excellence’ award for the 11th time in a row.
- The Joint Managing Director of CRI Pumps, G Selvaraj, received the EEPC award which was given in recognition to the company’s superior quality and pioneering pumping solutions from the Governor of Karnataka, Vajubhai Vala, at an award ceremony held in Bengaluru last week.
GK Today Current Affairs: World
One couple, One Child Policy amended by China
- China’s law making body, People’s Congress Standing Committee gave its approval to amend the One Couple, One Child Policy on 27th December, 2015.
- The amended policy will come into force from 1st January 2016 and will lift the restriction on couples from having only one child.
- The aim of this amended policy is to balance the country’s population structure by allowing the couples to have two children.