If you are looking for current affairs for bank exams then you have landed on the correct place. GK Today presents you with yet another module with the latest current affairs for bank exams to help you to clear your banking examinations.
Current Affairs for Bank Exams for 29th December, 2015
Current Affairs for Bank Exams: India
LPG Subsidy to be linked to income
- The Union Government has announced that LPG Subsidy will be linked to income of the consumers. This has been done in order to ensure that the benefits of subsidy go to the target group.
- Hence, the LPG subsidy will not be available to LPG Consumers if the consumer or his/her spouse has taxable income of more than ten lakh rupees.
- Under the “Give it Up” campaign earlier, many LPG consumers had voluntarily given up their subsidies so that the benefits reach the targeted group.
E- Office launched by Ministry of Women and Child Development
- The Union Ministry of Women and Child Development (WCD) has recently introduced E- office, which is an initiative aimed at providing efficient services to the people by digitizing more than 12,000 files.
- WCD Minister Maneka Sanjay Gandhi formally launched the initiative in New Delhi on the lines with the spirit of Good Governance initiative of Union Government.
- The e- Office project was initiated in July, 2015; more than 12,000 files of the Ministry have already been digitized.
18th India- Iran Join Commission Meeting took place in New Delhi
- On 28th December, 2015, the 18th India- Iran Join Commission Meeting took place in New Delhi.
- External Affairs Minister of India Sushma Swaraj and Ali Tayebnia, Minister of Economic Affairs and Finance of Iran co- chaired the meeting.
- The progress in trade and economic cooperation along with a number of related matters were reviewed by the leaders.
Current Affairs for Bank Exams: World
Haskell Wexler expired
- Haskell Wexler who was an Oscar winning cinematographer died a peaceful death at the age of 93 in his sleep on 27th December, 2015 in California, USA.
- He was one of the America’s most influential cinematographers and was best known for his work in films like like One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest and American Graffiti.
George Clayton Johnson Died
- George Clayton Johnson who was a popular Science Fiction Writer died on on 25 December 2015 due to cancer in Los Angeles, California. He was 86.
- He wrote the script for the first episode of Star Trek.
Current Affairs for Bank Exams: Business/ Finance
Vijay Kelker Committee’s report on Revisiting & Revitalizing PPP Model released
- On 28th December, 2015, The Union Ministry of Finance released the report of the Committee on Revisiting and Revitalising Public Private Partnership (PPP) Model.
- The committee was headed by former Finance Secretary Vijay Kelkar and submitted its report on 19 November 2015; it contained of nine members.
- Over 12007 PPP projects are under implementation across the country at present, thereby involving about 7.2 lakh crore rupees worth of investment
Report of Deepak Mohanty Committee on Medium-term Path on Financial Inclusion released by the RBI
- On 28th December, 2015, The Reserve Bank of India released the Report of the Committee on Medium-term Path on Financial Inclusion.
- The committee was composed on 15 July 2015 by the RBI with the purpose of working out a medium-term (five year) measurable action plan for financial inclusion.
- The committee had a total of 14 members and was headed by the RBI Executive Director Deepak Mohanty.
Amitabh Kant gets the additional charge to be the CEO of NITI Aayog
- On 28th December 2015, The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet which was presided by Prime Minister Narendra Modi gave Amitabh Kant the additional duty to be the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of NITI Aayog, effective from 31 December 2015.
- Present NITI Aayog CEO Sindhushree Khullar will be replaced by Kant when Khullar’s extended tenure will end on December 31st, 2015.
Current Affairs for Bank Exams: Sports
Globe Soccer Awards 2015 bestowed
- On 27th December, 2015 The Globe Soccer presented the sixth edition of Globe Soccer Awards 2015 to the victors at a ceremony which was held in Dubai, UAE.
- Globe Soccer Awards are the first and only awards for the Best Club Director and the Best Agent of the Year and are awarded for excellences in the field of football.
- The awards are as follows:
- Best Player of the Year – Lionel Messi
- Best President of the Year – Josep Maria Bartomeu
- Best Club of the Year – F.C. Barcelona
- Best Media Attraction in Football – F.C. Barcelona
- Best Coach of the Year – Marc Wilmots
- Best Agent of the Year – Jorge Mendes
- Best Referee of the Year – Ravshan Irmatov
- Best Academy of the Year – Benfica