Current Affairs are an important part of a banking examination and can help you get one step closer towards clearing your exam. GK Today presents you with the latest current affairs 2015 in order to help you crack the banking competitive examination.
Current Affairs 2015 for 30th December, 2015
Current Affairs 2015: India
Virtual Online Science Lab for School Students
- The students who have opted for science at high school level but don’t have access to physical labs now have the option to perform experiments in a virtual science lab.
- This is possible due to the educational technology initiative – “Online Labs” – developed by Amrita CREATE (Centre of Research in Advanced Technologies for Education) in association with CDAC (Centre for Development of Advanced Computing).
- OLabs or Online virtual Science Labs will allow the students to repeat the experiments as many times as they want; it includes simulators, videos, animation, theory and quiz.
- It is based on the premise that lab experiments can be taught over the Net in a cost effective and efficient manner.
Sudarsan Pattnaik’s sculpture featured in Limca Book of Records
- Sudarshan Pattnaik who is a well known sand artist has recently had the honor of getting his sculpture of Santa Claus to be featured in the Limca Book of Records.
- Pattnaik claims to create a 45 feet high Santa Claus from sand at Puri Beach which was recognized as the largest sand Santa Claus as of today by the Limca Book of World Records.
- The sculpture was created on December 24th, 2015 and will be on display on 1st January, 2016.
Raghuveer Chaudhary, noted writer selected for 51st Jnanpith Award
- Renowned litterateur Raghuveer Chaudhary from Gujarat was selected for the 51st Jnanpith award for his contribution to the Indian literature on 29th December, 2015.
- The decision was taken in a meeting of the Jnanpith Selection Board chaired by noted scholar Namwar Singh. Other members of the selection board are Shamim Hanfi, Harish Trivedi, Suranjan Das, Ramakant Rath, Chandrakant Patil, Alok Rai, Dinesh Misra and Leeladhar Mandloi.
Subir Sen passed away
- On 29th December, 2015, Veteran singer Subir Sen died of Lung cancer in Kolkata.
- He was 81 and is survived by his wife and a daughter. Also, Sen was condemned to be clone of senior and talented Hemant Kumar.
General Om Prakash Malhotra, Ex Chief of Indian Army passed away
- Former Punjab Governor and ex-Chief of Army, General Om Prakash Malhotra passed away on 29 December 2015 due to old age; he was 93.
- He is survived by his wife and two children.
- He was 13th Chief of Army Staff of the Indian Army from 1978 – 1981.
Current Affairs 2015: Sports
Gujarat clinched maiden Vijay Hazare Trophy
- On 28 December 2015, Gujarat clinched the Vijay Hazare Cricket Trophy. It is the first time that Gujarat won the trophy.
- In the final of the limited overs tournament, Gujarat defeated Delhi by 139 runs at M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru.
Current Affairs 2015: World
Guinea Declared Ebola free by WHO
- On 29th December, 2015, the World Health Organisation (WHO) declared the end of Ebola virus transmission in the Republic of Guinea.
- The decision was taken by the organization after observing that 42 days had passed since the last person confirmed to have Ebola virus disease and tested negative now.
- Now, Guinea has entered a 90-day period of sharp surveillance to ensure that any new cases are identified quickly before they can spread to other people.
Ian Fraser Lemmy Kilmister died
- Founder and singer in the British heavy metal band, “Motorhead”, Ian Fraser Lemmy Kilmister died on 28th December, 2015 after facing a heavy battle with cancer at the age of 70.
- Prevalently known as Lemmy, he played heatedly on platinum- selling Motorhead albums like Ace of Spades, Overkill and Iron Fist.