We present you with your daily dose of general awareness for bank exams so that you are able to clear your banking entrance exam easily. Read further to know about what’s happening around you today.
General Awareness for Bank Exams for 31st December, 2015
General Awareness for Bank Exams: India
MoU for conservation of migratory birds of prey approved by Union Cabinet
- The Union Cabinet has recently given its sanction to sign the Memorandum of Understanding on the Conservation of Migratory Birds of Prey in Africa and Eurasia.
- Raptor MoU is another name for this memorandum under the the Convention on Conservation of Migratory Species (CMS).
- India will become the 54th signatory to the MoU after signing it.
India- Australia Civil Nuclear Cooperation approved by the Union Cabinet
- The Union Cabinet which was chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved the India- Australia Civil Nuclear Cooperation deal that came into force on November 13, 2015.
- India’s energy security will be bolstered by the deal along with the administrative arrangement for implementing the accord.
Construction of 69 bridges on Trilateral Highway in Myanmar approved by the Union Cabinet
- The Union Cabinet has recently permitted the construction of 69 bridges including the Approach Roads on the Tamu-Kyigone-Kalewa (TKK) road section of the Trilateral Highway in Myanmar.
- Verdict in this regard was taken by the Union Cabinet meeting with Mr. Narendra Modi as the chairperson in New Delhi. The cost of construction of the bridges would be Rs.371.58 crore.
General Awareness for Bank Exams: Business/ Finance
Power Project unit in UP commissioned by BHEL
- BHEL (Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited) has commissioned a 660 MW unit of Prayagraj Super Thermal Power Project at Bara town in district Allahabad belonging to the state of Uttar Pradesh.
- This is the first ever supercritical thermal unit which has been commissioned in the state in order to achieve capacity addition on attaining full load.
Dr. Gyanendra D Bandgaiyan appointed as the Director General of the National Centre for Good Governance
- The appointment of Dr. Gyanendra D Bandgaiyan as the Director General of the National Centre for Good Governance was approved by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) on 30th December, 2015.
- Dr. Bandgaiyan will be working in the office for a period of three years which is extendable by another two years or up to 60 years of age, whichever is early.
- Dr. Bandgaiyan is a 54- year old former IAS officer from Madhya Pradesh.
General Awareness for Bank Exams: World
Japan and South Korea to have reached an Agreement on issue of Comfort Women
- On 28th December, 2015, Japan and South Korea reached an Agreement on Issue of Comfort Women.
- The agreement was arrived at after a meeting between Fumio Kishida, Minister for Foreign Affairs of Japan and Yun Byung-se, Minister of Foreign Affairs of South Korea in Seoul took place.
- The agreement aims to resolve a decades- old dispute involving Korean women who were used as sex slaves by the Japanese soldiers during world war II.
General Awareness for Bank Exams: Sports
Tournament Director of 2016 Hockey India League: Bjorn Isberg
- Bjorn Isberg from Sweden was appointed as the Tournament Director of Coal India Hockey India League (HIL), the premier league for hockey in India, on 30th December, 2015.
- Furthermore, Muthukumar Balakrisnan from Malaysia was appointed as the Assistant Tournament Director in the 4th edition of the Coal India Hockey India League.
- Umpire’s manager for the league will be Andy Mair from Scotland.