Institute of Banking and Personnel selection or IBPS in its recruitment process every year recruits Specialist Officers in participating banks. Specialist Officers are officers who have specialized in a certain field and have a certain set of special skills and knowledge at their disposal. Specialist officers are usually preferred by banks over generalists’ officer because of their specialization and comparatively greater knowledge and experience in that particular field. There are many varying cadres in specialist officers like – Rajbhasha Adhikar, Law Officer who can be placed on different scales starting from scale-1, one such cadre of IBPS Specialist Officer which is highly in demand is that of the IBPS IT Officer.
IBPS IT Officer Salary and Job Profile
Here, is a detailed structure of the job profile and salary of the IBPS I.T Officer
IBPS IT Officer Job Profile:
IBPS IT Officer aids the institution by basically providing technical support because that is where his/her area of expertise lies in. The IBPS IT Officer monitor and maintain the computer systems and networks of a Bank by doing the following:
- installing and configuring computer hardware ,operating systems and applications on the devices of the banks
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems of the bank and its network.
- Talking to staff/clients through a series of actions, either face to face or over the telephone
- Troubleshooting system and network problems
- Diagnosing and solving hardware/software faults in the network and system of the bank.
- Replacing parts as required;
- Providing support, including procedural documentation;
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications;
- Setting up new users’ accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues;
- Testing and Evaluating new technology;
- Conducting electrical safety checks on computer equipment.
Salary of the IBPS IT Officer
IBPS Specialist Officers are provided with various perks and their salary is calculated keeping in mind the different perks they get. The IBPS Specialist officers salary are decided on the basis of which scale they are in, there are three such respective scales i.e. scale I, Scale II and Scale III.
The salary structure for scale I– Rs 14,500 – 600/7 – 18,700 – 700/2 – 20,100 -800/7 – 25,700/- approximately. So, the cash-in-hand will be around Rs. 24,000-32,000 nearly.
For the officers under scale II, the basic pay given is Rs 19,400 700/1- 20,100 – 800/10 – 28,100/ approximately. During appointment, the salary will be Rs. 34,000-40,000 approximately.
Probation period and pay after that for IBPS IT Officer:
After completion of the first year, an increment of Rs. 700 will be due on the basic pay. After that the increment on the basic pay is Rs. 800/- for the next 10 years. However, it is possible to get revised pay depending on the economy of the country.
So this was the job profile and Salary Structure of IBPS IT Officer. If you have applied for and are looking forward to IBPS IT Officer, then this was something very important for you to know.
To get more details on IT Officer and Syllabus – Click Here
For more queries and doubts, visit Discuss for IBPS – The forum for, by, of IBPS Aspirants.