IBPSExamAdda.org.in is here with the FAQ on IBPS PO exam held every year by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection. If you are a banking job aspirant and wish to know about this exam, below are some of the most frequently asked questions by the IBPS PO aspirants.
1. What posts are available under this recruitment project?
Ans.PO stands for Probationary Officer and therefore the post available under this recruitment project is that of Probationary Officer.
2. When will the exam be conducted?
Ans.Typically, the IBPS PO exam is held around the month of October every year.
Get the Detailed Exam Schedule for IBPS PO for this year over here
3. When will the results be out?
Ans.The IBPS PO exam result is usually declared around November.
4. Name of the banks participating in this exam?
Ans.Following banks generally participate in this exam:
- Allahabad Bank
- Canara Bank
- Indian Bank
- Syndicate Bank
- Andhra Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Indian Overseas Bank
- UCO Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Corporation Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Union Bank of India
- Bank of India
- Dena Bank
- Punjab National Bank
- United Bank of India
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Punjab & Sind Bank
- Vijaya Bank
- Bharatiya Mahila Bank
- IDBI Bank
- Any other bank or financial institution
5. I wish to know about the number of vacancies for the post?
Ans.There is no fixed number of vacancies; the vacancies depend upon the number of people needed in the participating banks each year.
6. What is the age criterion to apply?
Ans.The Age Criteria to apply As on 01.07.2015 is as follows:
Minimum: 20 years
Maximum: 30 years
7. Is there any age relaxation given?
Ans.Yes, there is age relaxation given on the basis of categories.
8. What is the educational qualification required for various posts in this recruitment process?
Ans.In order to apply for posts, a graduation Degree in any discipline from a University which is recognized by the Government of India or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government is required. In addition to this, the candidate must possess valid Mark-sheet / Degree Certificate that he/ she is a graduate on the day he / she registers and indicate the percentage of marks obtained in Graduation while registering online.
9. I have given exams of my final year graduation but result has not yet been declared. Can I apply?
Ans. No. You can not apply. However, if before the application date of the IBPS PO exam your result is declared, you can apply then.
10. What is the fee to apply for the exam?
Ans.It is Rs.100/- for SC/ST/PWD candidates and Rs.600/- for all others.
11. Can I appear for the exam with 55% graduation score?
Ans.Yes, you can appear as there is no percentage criterion.
12. How do I calculate the Percentage?
Ans.The percentage marks shall be arrived at by dividing the total marks obtained by the candidate in all the subjects in all semester(s)/year(s) by aggregate maximum marks in all the subjects irrespective of honors / optional / additional optional subject, if any. This will be applicable for those Universities also where Class / Grade is decided on basis of Honors marks only.
The fraction of percentage so arrived will be ignored i.e. 59.99% will be treated as less than 60% and 54.99% will be treated as less than 55%.
13. Is it a bilingual exam?
Ans.Yes, except the English language test as The tests except the Test of English Language will be available bilingually, i.e. English and Hindi.
14. What is the cut-off for recruitment?
Ans.There is no fixed cut-off for IBPS PO exam as It depends on the performance of the candidates each year.
15. What do you mean by sectional cut off?
Ans.Sectional cut off means you are required to clear every section in order to secure a seat for the Interview. There is a sectional cut off for the IBPS PO examination.
16. Will there be negative marking?
Ans.Yes, half mark will be cut for every wrong answer.
To know more about IBPS PO Syllabus and Exam Pattern Click Here.