‘Weekly Current Affairs Capsule is a series of article by ibpsexamadda.org.in that satisfy the General Knowledge appetite of every IBPS aspirant by providing the current affairs 2015 and other vital information’
Weekly Current Affairs 2015: 4th week of April
Modi presents India’s very own Healthcare Portal
- On 24 April 2015 PM Shri Modiji had initiated a Healthcare Portal at the SAARC Trade fair in Worldwide Exposition on Amenities located near Pragati Maidan in New Delhi.
- The portal provides about 124 certified medical facilities along with 93 medical centers, 30 Wellness and Ayurveda centers and 1 special class center.
- 74 of the 123 facilities are situated in Tier I metropolises and the remaining are in Tier II municipalities.
- You can find the Healthcare Portal at www.indiahealthcaretourism.com.
Current Affairs 2015: Nepal and North India shook by a 7.9 magnitude quake
- A gigantic 7.9-magnitude ground shaker hit east of town of Pokhara in Eastern Nepal on Saturday.
- Vibrations were also observed in northern and eastern parts of India including agglomerations like Guwahati, Ranchi, Patna, Jaipur, Kolkata and Delhi.
Current Affairs: 3 Cheetal to be supplied to Afghanistan by India
- India has made a move in much delayed three chopper handover to Kabul.
- After passing several deadlines the move was made by the government.
- Minister of State for Defence Srimaan Rao Inderjit Singh conveyed the detail in the Parliament that India has now shipped the three unarmed heli’s to Kabul.
Vivek Murthy honored with the post of US’ Surgeon General
- Vivek Murthy who is just 37 years old has pledged to become US’ new Surgeon General.
- He is the youngest ever person to hold the office and duty of running public health.
- Murthy is one of the key Indian faces in Obama Administration.
- Boris D. Lushniak had been at the position previously who served from 2013 to December 2014.
Current Affairs 2015: Saina and Sindhu were crushed in Asia Badminton championship
- The two masters in the game observed a major setback when they were defeated at quarterfinals of the reputed continental championship in the city of Wuhan.
- Current World No. 1 Saina was conquered by Tzu Ying Tai of Taiwan in a hot game of 21-16, 13-21, 18-21.
Union Cabinet accepted to reduce age of adulthood from 18 to 16
- A new decision to amend the juvenile defining age was taken up by the union Government.
- The cabinet aims to impose modifications to the Juvenile Justice Bill of 2014.
- Due to the rising reports of awful crimes committed by the teenagers in the country, the amendment was suggested to tackle this cancerous problem spreading in the society.
China worked out for $46 billion investment in Pakistan
- The People’s Republic of China has made serious efforts to catalyze the trade and commerce with Pakistan by promising a sum of 46 billion US Dollars to boost trade between two nations.
- The new trade alliance will be called as China-Pakistan Economic Corridor.
- Plans also incorporate the development of Pakistani port of Gwadar.
MakeMyTrip assimilates the new startup travel guide Mygola
- On 22 April 2015 the industry goliath MakeMyTrip assimilated startup firm Mygola which provides the similar services like MMT.
- Mygola was a project of Prateek Sharma and Anshuman Bapna initiated in 2009.
You can also get this and other such posts on our website for current affairs PDF download, absolutely FREE.