‘Weekly Current Affairs Capsules by IBPS Exam Adda brings you current affairs 2015 and general knowledge, by elaborating on every information and event that can be vital in your preparation for government exams. The article below gives you the highlights for the first week of April.’
Weekly Curent Affairs 2015 – 2nd week of April
Current Affairs 2015: India to preside the 9th IRENA meeting
- India has been chosen to lead the ninth assembly of the International Renewable Energy Agency.
- The assembly is going to occur in June at Abu Dhabi.
- India is one of the initiator associates of IRENA.
- IRENA is an international institution which support nations in their approach towards sustainable energy prospects.
India – France joint agreements
- Republic of India and République française inked 17 accords, talks included nuclear project in Maharashtra as Prime Minister visited Paris.
- Larsen and Tubro an Indian company and Areva of France will join forces on this nuclear project over certain fiscal localization rules.
- Many other things were discussed with French President.
- MoUs were also inked between Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and French National Centre for Space Studies (CNES) over the Indo-French Megha Tropiques satellite.
- Other accords were signed in the field of technology, Sports, Ayurveda, Economy etc.
Current Affairs: Apurvi Chandela bagged Bronze in Pistol and ISSF Rifle
- Gold medal winner, Indian shooter in the Commonwealth Games Apurvi Chandela has attained eligibility for the Olympic Games after scoring up to the 10m air rifle bronze in the recent ISSF World Cup in the Changwon of South Korea.
- Apurvi scored 6 in the finals, and was placed below Pejcic Snjezana of Croatia in the list, who won gold and Ivana Maksimovic from Serbia, who won the silver medal in the competition.
Current Affairs 2015: Nuke capable Dhanush missile was tested effectively
- Indian Navy on this Thursday effectively test-fired its nuclear-capable ballistic missile Dhanush which has a hit range of 350 km in radius, from a naval vessel off the coast of Odisha.
- The Dhanush is a surface to surface platform, a marine variation of India’s home-grown and developed project of Prithvi missiles. It was tested from a naval ship in the Bay of Bengal under the Strategic Force Command (SFC).
- A single-stage and liquid-propelled Dhanush having a range of 350 km has been inducted already into the defence forces and is one out of the five missiles fabricated by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) as the part of the Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme (IGMDP).
Prime Minister declares relief measures for the affected farmers
- Primer Narendra Modi affirmed measures focusing at providing relief to affected farmers as the cruel climatic conditions prevailed during the Rabi season damaging the crops.
- Cultivators with over 33 % of their harvest being damaged will qualify for subsidy compared to 50 percent requirement in the previous norm.
Current Affairs: Pakistan and Sri Lanka inked numerous accords on 6 April 2015
The agreements are as follows:
- Association between Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission and the Atomic Energy Authority of Sri Lanka.
- Agreement on collaboration against the trafficking of drugs and other clinical and medicinal products.
- Educational assistance accord between the National Defence University of Pakistan and Sri Lankan counterpart.
- bilateral assistance in maritime trade between Pakistan National Shipping Corporation and the Ceylon Shipping Corporation Ltd.
- Partnership in the Sporting field.
- Assistance in disaster management of both the countries.
Launch of the new season of Pepsi IPL
- The even was inaugurated in Kolkata with a zeal, saw the presence of various celebrities from all over the country.
- The opening match and finale of this season will be played in Kolkata atthe Eden Gardens.
- The finale is expected to be played on May 24th.
India will congregate the fifth meeting of health ministers of SAARC nations
India is going to host the fifth meeting of SAARC health ministers in the upcoming week to aim at HIV/AIDS, its deterrence and other infectious and non-infectious ailments.
- The meeting will discuss a master plan for empowering the mutual relations of the SAARC nations on various crucial issues and problems faced by them.
These were the Current Affairs Capsules covering the second week of April 2015 for you. For more such Updates on Current Affairs do check our Daily Current Affairs Capsules over here.